Our Kamran Staffing, Inc. Ontario branch is looking to hire Assemblers / Material Handling / Off Load staff. Take a look below for details of this position.
Perform a range of repetitive assembly operations at assigned workstations using hand & power tools to assemble various products & sub-assemblies. Move completed assembly to designated areas. Move stock to & from workstations, stock racks & holding areas. May be required to rack and unrack parts & finished goods. Assemblers may be required to work at any workstation on the assembly line.
– Follow instructions & procedures to assemble various parts and components in prescribed sequence & location.
– Visually check & inspect work to insure proper quality.
– Responsible for both quality & quantity of work.
– Assist other team members in their duties to ensure a quality product & smooth flow.
– Ensure that work area & equipment are maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
– Follow prescribed safety regulations.
– Working in tandem with another Assembler, obtain materials to be assembled from designated area.
– Remove laminated product from conveyor and set up on assembly table.
– Align parts to be assembled together.
– Hand “pinch” edges of glued component areas as needed to ensure proper adhesion.
– Move assembled product to conveyor, to be transported to the next workstation.
– Move empty pallets to designated areas as needed.
Off Load Station
– Set up pallet and cardboard at the end of the conveyor.
– Working in tandem with another Team Assembler, obtain finished product from conveyor and place on pallet.
– Inspect product for poor glue bonding or any other quality issues.
– Move full pallet of finished product to curing area using hand pallet jack.
– Obtain bed bases from compression machine and place on cardboard on top of assembly table.
– Assemble product, ensuring a tight glue bond at all connecting surfaces.
– Move completed product to the conveyor, to be transported to the next workstation.
– Work with the other Assemblers, follow work instructions to complete proper cleaning of the lamination equipment.
– Wear required PPE (gloves) when cleaning the equipment.
– High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
– Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
– Maintain a clean & organized work environment.
– Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
– Observes all safety procedures & policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment & materials properly.
– Good mechanical aptitude & attention to detail.
– Able to work accurately from verbal & written instructions.